The NMCAN community walks alongside young people, encouraging you to build the life you want.
We will match you with a volunteer mentor. This is a person who is there when you need them, who picks you up when you fall, who sticks up for you when no one else will. A mentor shares new experiences with you, but most importantly, a mentor is always a friend! Mentors understand that moving into adulthood can be confusing and difficult. They want to be in your life to offer guidance and advice when you want it, which means it’s not their job to judge you or tell you how to live your life. Your mentor encourages YOUR goals and dreams.
- How it works: we get to know you—who you are, what you like/dislike, and what you are interested in. Then, we match you with an adult volunteer (who is not paid) that shares some of these same qualities and can help you explore your interests.
- You can participate if you:
- Are between the ages of 14 and 25
- Live in the greater Albuquerque area (including Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, and Belen)
- Experienced foster care after your 14th birthday
Intentional Community Building
We offer Intentional Community Building that includes a hiking/camping series along with group events to build peer connections and a sense of belonging. Check out images from our recent outings on facebook here.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about #community.
Complete a referral and we will contact you.