Are you looking for a supportive community to work on building your communication, advocacy, and professional skills? NMCAN offers programs, workshops, and training to help you build and practice the skills you need.
Learn About Money
Opportunity Passport™ helps you become financially capable, gain experience with banks, and obtain assets for education, housing, transportation, or other requirements for a stable life.
- How it works: you participate in classes that help you with real-life topics about money, such as creating a budget, building credit, and setting financial goals. After completing these classes, we will support you in opening a bank account, and you receive $100 to help you save towards the purchase of an asset- maybe a car, first month’s rent at a new apartment, or a laptop for school. Both NMCAN staff and volunteer financial coaches are here for you every step of the way as you work toward your financial goals, and NMCAN will match your savings (up to $3,000) toward your asset purchase.
- You can participate if you:
- Are between the ages of 14 and 25
- Live in the greater Albuquerque area (including Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, and Belen)
Build Your Leadership Skills
Our workshops and training provide the space to build skills that will help you achieve your personal, education, or career goals. These will also give you a solid foundation for learning how to become an advocate who is making a difference in your community. Workshops and training cover the following topics.
- Communications 101
- Legislative Advocacy 101
- Sharing Your Story with Healthy Boundaries
- Understanding Systems of Oppression
Learn more about our policy and advocacy work.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our skill-building opportunities.
Complete a referral and we will contact you.