We know that systems, such as the child welfare system and juvenile justice system, can be incredibly complex to both navigate and understand. Therefore, we have created a collection of videos explaining some key topics related to the child welfare system as well as a collection of news articles where advocates involved with NMCAN have shared their stories about interacting with systems.
News Featuring Young People
- These Single Moms Are Forced to Choose: Reveal Their Sexual Histories or Forfeit Welfare – September 17, 2021
- New Mexico Legislature has wins, losses for foster youth – March 7, 2020
- More youth in New Mexico run away from foster care – December 21, 2019
- A Pattern of Failures – May 5, 2018
- Tax incentive for hiring foster youth heads to governor – February 15, 2018