As of April 4, 2022, our physical office is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. On these days, we will allow vaccinated guests to drop by the office. Until further notice, unvaccinated guests are only allowed in the office by appointment with a staff member.
The health and safety of our team, young people, volunteers, and community is important to NMCAN. We are implementing a phased approach to reopening the office and cautiously returning to full capacity.
If you plan to drop by our office, we ask that you:
- Bring proof of vaccination if you haven’t already shared it with NMCAN staff.
- Fill out a brief wellness questionnaire when you arrive.
- Wear a mask at all times inside the office.
- Respect everyone’s personal space by keeping social distance when possible and following guest capacity for each room in the office.
- Wipe down tables or other high-touch spaces when you are done using them.
If you feel sick and are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting), stay home, and please visit us another day. If you need a COVID-19 test, you can schedule one by visiting, https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-screening-and-testing/.
How do I show proof of vaccination?
If you haven’t already shared proof of vaccination with NMCAN staff, you can bring your vaccine card into the office or bring a photo of your vaccine card. If you have lost or cannot find your vaccine card please visit, https://nmsiis.health.state.nm.us/webiznet_nm_public/Application/PublicPortal to look up your vaccination records. We will also accept a letter from a healthcare provider listing the date(s) of your COVID-19 vaccination or a screenshot of the NM Department of Health Vaxview (vaccine dashboard).
Is NMCAN still offering stipends for proof of vaccination?
Yes! All you have to do is show us proof that you received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine or completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. We are also offering a stipend for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots. Refer to the question above if you don’t know what qualifies as proof of vaccination
Are unvaccinated children allowed in the office?
Yes, unvaccinated children are allowed in the office. Children 2 years and older must wear masks while in the office.
Are unvaccinated adults allowed in the office?
Yes, but by appointment only. To set-up an appointment you can email, text, or send a message via Facebook Messenger to the staff person you would like to see. If you do not have their contact information, you can send an appointment request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I park when I go to the NMCAN office?
NMCAN has parking available in the parking lot just west of our office. In order to park there, you need to call our front desk at (505)217-0220 and ask for the code to get into the parking lot.
Is NMCAN transporting young people?
Yes, we are offering transportation to young people who are vaccinated. Everyone must wear a mask while in the vehicle and complete a brief wellness questionnaire prior to being transported.
What can I do to protect myself?
- Clean your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with other people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing by putting at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and other people.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.