Updated June 2021
To our valued community,
NMCAN staff continue working from home as we celebrate news of vaccine distribution across the country, and hope that our communities will soon return to connecting in person. With the safety of our community being our utmost priority, we want to provide you with an update about how NMCAN will move forward with our programming and activities until further notice.
NMCAN will extend our physical office closure until June 30, 2021. We are following the guidelines of New Mexico Workforce Solutions (NMWS), New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) to implement a phased approach to reopening our office and cautiously returning to full capacity. We remain in Phase 1 of our phased reopening plan:
- The office will remain closed to visitors, except for deliveries.
- No in-person meetings will be held in the office. Youth and computer rooms will be closed.
- Staff will not transport young people at this time.
- Everyone must follow social distancing guidelines. We recommend that you do not shake hands, hug, or be within six feet of other people.
With these guidelines, coaching, meetings, events, and trainings will continue to occur in a virtual space.
Please contact any staff member if you have questions, concerns, or comments about this update. We are actively taking steps to open to some capacity in July.
How to Use a Face Mask Tutorial:
▪ World Health Organization: When and How to Use a Mask (includes step by step images & videos), https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
▪ Tips for using Face Masks (Español), https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/Tips-for-Using-Masks-Spanish.png
COVID-19 Testing Sites (NM):
▪ COVID Testing Sites & Locations, https://cvprovider.nmhealth.org/directory.html
NM Governor Executive and Public Health Orders:
▪ NMDOH Public Health Orders, https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/