Do you or someone you know want to partner with young people to build community and lead change? Join our team!
NMCAN is hiring a Youth Engagement Coordinator. The position is responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust youth engagement strategy.
Major Responsibilities & Duties May Include:
The Youth Engagement Coordinator works closely with NMCAN staff to collectively serve young people, volunteers, and community partners and works to:
- Conduct outreach to recruit young people to participate in opportunities and programming.
- Conduct orientation, as well as initial and ongoing training for young people on various topics (i.e., legislative and systems advocacy, leadership development, effective partnerships with adults, life domain development, etc.).
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, and coaching to young people engaged in opportunities and programming, including life domain development, conflict resolution, emotional and moral support, and providing transportation as needed.
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Coordinator, support matched mentor/mentee relationships; including, but not limited to, providing rotating on-call 24-7 crisis management support, facilitating the matching process, facilitating special events to celebrate these relationships, and ensuring provision of ongoing in-service training.
- Connect young people with new opportunities provided by community partners around housing, education, employment, financial capability, health/mental health, social capital, and permanence. Provide continual education about these opportunities to young people and provide support and coaching as they engage in them.
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials as requested, that support internal and external communication efforts about opportunities and programming.
- Support young people as they advocate for ensuring that the needs of young are a priority in the systems designed to support them and in the broader community.
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement process to assess efficacy of programming and drive programmatic refinements. Ensure adherence to data collection requirements.
- Provide ancillary support for other NMCAN projects by coordinating with and supporting colleagues as needed or requested.
- Other duties as assigned.